Terms and Conditions
Deposits and Payment
Booking a Choquequirao trek requires a deposit of 40% of the total trek price. Please note that this deposit is required to purchase train and Machu Picchu entrance tickests, all subject to availability. After your deposit and booking confirmation, your outstading balance is due when you arrive in Cusco either 24 hrs prior to departure or during your briefing session. Failure to pay any outstading balances prior to departure will result in the inability to partake in your trek. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payment.
Change of Itineraries
All Choquequirao Trek hikes are subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances, including, Choquequirao Trek reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
Any missed tours due to the above listed incidences (eg weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
The price and duration of a hiking trip will never change once you’re registered. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes or public land closures. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
If You Change Your Booking
If you wish to change the date of departure/ and or route of your trek after making the reservation/deposit, there will be a $50 per person fee to make the change, except if the change is made in the 24 hours prior to the trek, when the change will cost $100 per person.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
The Choquequirao Trek reserves the right to cancel trips. If this is the case a full refund of the amount paid will be given, including the deposit. The Choquequirao Trek Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason:
- All Pre Payment deposits needed for the confirmation of any Choquequirao trek, are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Full payment is required 24 hrs prior to departure. In case of not being able to make full payment within said time frame, an alternatice payment system must be arranged and coordinated. Failure to do either of the above can result in CANCELLATION of your tour.
- In case of delayed arrivals to Cusco (due to delayed flights, buses etc.), Choquequirao Trek assumes no responsibility for missed tours or trek departures
- Choquequirao Trek staff will do their best to accommodate and make the required modifications. However, all additional costs for such modifications will not be included in the original trek price.
- Trek cancellations as a result of illness, missed flights and any other reason made within 12 hours of the scheduled trek departure, are considered NO-SHOWS and will be subject to full payment AND no refunds.
- In case of sickness while on the trail, emergency costs for transportation, etc. are not included.